About Sigyn Therapeutics
Our candidate solutions include: the ImmunePrep™ platform to enhance the activity of antibody-based immunotherapies, ChemoPrep™ to improve the delivery of cancer chemotherapies, ChemoPure™ to reduce the post-treatment toxicity of chemotherapy, and Sigyn Therapy™ to treat pathogen-associated inflammatory disorders that are not addressed with drug therapies.
Timeline of Corporate Events
- October 2019 – Sigyn Therapeutics, Inc. is incorporated in the State of Delaware by Jim Joyce and Craig Roberts, who assign exclusive Sigyn Therapy related patent rights to the Company.
- May 2020 – Initiation of Sigyn Therapy pre-clinical development programs.
- October 2020 – 100% of the outstanding shares of Sigyn Therapeutics are acquired through a public merger transaction with Reign Resources Corporation. Reign subsequently changes its name to Sigyn Therapeutics, Inc. and begins trading under the ticker symbol “SIGY”.
- December 2020 – Disclosed the first in vitro study results of Sigyn Therapy. The study demonstrated the simultaneous isolation and extraction of endotoxin, a gram-negative bacterial toxin, and relevant pro-inflammatory cytokines from human blood plasma. Included among quantified cytokines were Interleukin-1 Beta (IL-1B), Interleukin-6 (IL-6) and Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha (TNF-a).
- January 2021 - Disclosed the results of an in vitro pilot study that successfully modeled the ability of Sigyn Therapy to isolate and extract CytoVesicles that transport inflammatory cytokine cargos throughout the bloodstream.
- January 2021 - Appointed industry veteran Eric Lynam as Head of Clinical Affairs, with a mandate to oversee clinical studies of Sigyn Therapy.
- April 2021 - Patent application entitled: “EXTRA-LUMEN ADSORPTION OF VIRAL PATHOGENS FROM BLOOD” is submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
- April 2021 -Disclosed in vitro study results that demonstrated the ability of Sigyn Therapy to isolate and extract viral pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) from human blood plasma.
- April 2021 - Appointed former Aethlon Medical executive Charlene Owen as Director of Operations.
- July 2021 - Disclosed the completion of in vitro blood purification studies that demonstrated the ability of Sigyn Therapy to isolate and extract hepatic toxins (ammonia, bile acid & bilirubin) from human blood plasma that are associated with acute forms of liver failure.
- July 2021 - Disclosed the completion of a first-in-mammal pilot animal study that validated the feasibility of a clinical protocol that resulted in the safe administration of Sigyn Therapy during six-hour treatment exposures.
- December 2021 - Disclosed the completion of in vitro studies that validated the ability of Sigyn Therapy to isolate and extract gram-positive bacterial toxins from human blood plasma.
- February 2022 - Reported the successful completion of an in vivo animal study conducted at the University of Michigan, which demonstrated Sigyn Therapy to be safe and well tolerated.
- March 2022 -Appointed accomplished financial executive, Jeremy Ferrell, CPA, MBA as Chief Financial Officer.
- March 2022 - Announced the appointments of two internationally recognized clinician researchers, Alexander S. Yevzlin, MD, FASN and H. David Humes, MD, to Sigyn Therapeutics’ Scientific Advisory Board.
- March 2022 - Ajay Verma, MD, PhD, a recognized thought leader in the field of neurology joins the Science Advisory Board.
- April 2022 - Donald J. Hillebrand, M.D., a recognized thought leader in the field of Hepatology and Liver Transplantation joins the Science Advisory Board.
- August 2022 – Sigyn Therapeutics commences trading on the OTCQB Venture Markets Exchange.
- September 2022 – Disclosed plans to conduct first-in-human feasibility studies in End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients suffering from inflammation and/or endotoxemia.
- October 2022 – Announced the appointment of Richa Nand, B.S., J.D.; Jim Dorst, B.S., M.S.; and Christopher Wetzel, B.S., M.B.A. to our Board of Directors.
- October 2022 – Patent application entitled: “SYSTEM AND METHODS TO ENHANCE CHEMOTHERAPY DELIVERY AND REDUCE TOXICITY” is submitted to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”).
- October 2022 – Trademark applications to register ChemoPrepTM and ChemoPureTM are filed with the USPTO related to medical device products to enhance cancer therapy.
- December 2022 – Eric Stroup, a dialysis industry thought leader joins the Science Advisory Board.
- April 2023 - Announced the appointment of Annette Marleau, Ph.D. as Chief Scientific Officer (CSO).
- May 2023 - Disclosed the submission of patent and trademark applications to support the ImmunePrepTM commercialization platform for antibody-based immunotherapies and corresponding biosimilars.
A Passion for Innovation
Our passion for therapeutic innovation is reflected through the inventions of our leadership team. Our vision to improve healthcare is supported by Sigyn team members, science advisors, and corporate directors that each have relevant industry experience.